What to see in Armenia in May? Interesting places and sights.
Very soon will begin the May holidays - an excellent opportunity to spend an unforgettable vacation in Armenia. May is the beginning and at the same time the height of the tourist season in Armenia: fairytale nature, gastronomic exploration, wine tours and inimitable cultural and historical attractions will provide unforgettable emotions.
According to our tourists, May is the best month for sightseeing tours but if you are not ready for long travel, then you simply have to get to Tatev, where on the longest ropeway flying over the picturesque gorges 350 meters high will get to Tatev monastery complex, built on the edge of the gorge. When traveling from Yerevan to Tatev, оn the way you can visit the Monastery complex Khor Virap, located near the legendary Mount Ararat. Then we recommend visit the wine cellar Hin Areni, arrange a tour of the cave Areni, where the most ancient winery in the world was discovered.
Whether in May in Armenia
In May, Armenia has very warm, just a comfortable summer weather!
The air temperature +18°-22° , 27-28 days of sunshine and rainfall of 31 millimeters. Everything blooms in the Ararat valley begins the harvest, in particular the famous Armenian apricot.
Things to do in Armenia in May
Of course to travel! Yerevan-Tatev-Artsakh-Dilijan-Lori-Tsaghkadzor-every tourist in Armenia will find things to he likes. But in May in Armenia are 2 gastronomic festivals that tourists are not recommended to skip. Wine Festival Yerevan Wine Days Festival, which this year will be held from 04 to 05 May!
And the most delicious festival is Tolma Fest, which will be held on May 20 near Yerevan in Hnaberd, Ararat.
The best tourist destinations!
According to statistics the most popular destinations for recreation in May in Armenia are:
- Yerevan and surroundings are for tourists who prefer to combine rest in modern urban infrastructure and visit cultural and historical sites with short excursions.
- Dilijan - rest among the mountains covered with forests and clean air, away from the city bustle.
- Tsaghkadzor - in the spring tourists can climb to the top of the wooded mountains on a cable car, world-class hotels, such as Marriott with revitalizing SPA programs.
- A great journey through Armenia on the Route Yerevan - Artsakh - Sevan – Yerevan, when it is possible to combine an active vacation with a gastronomic and visit major attractions of Armenia.
- Relax in the Lori region, where the largest arboretum in the region, as well as one of the best hotels in ethnic style Tufenkian Dzoraget Hotel.
By the way, in May Armenia is not only the best tourist destination of the season, but the most advantageous in terms of price / quality ratio. Only due to the high demand, we recommend to book tours to Armenia in May in advance.